Monday, March 28, 2011

Chocolate Sheet Cake!

Today was my uncle's birthday, so of course I made him a cake. Do I do anything but cook? Well, not really.. not anything newsworthy.. sometimes I do my homework. But that hasn't happened yet- maybe Wednesday. ANYWAYS: he requested chocolate, and this was the end result!



Chocolate Sheet Cake (Paula Deen, of course)

2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 c flour
1 stick butter
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 c water
1/4 c cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together sugar, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a saucepan, bring butter, oil, water, and cocoa to a boil and add to flour mixture. Beat eggs, baking soda, buttermilk, and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients. Pour into greased 13"x9" pan and bake for 25 minutes.

ICING
1 stick butter
2 T cocoa
6 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 c powdered sugar
1 c chopped pecans

Melt together butter and cocoa; add milk and vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar and nuts, and spread over the warm cake.

* If you don't have buttermilk, use 1 T vinegar plus however much milk it takes to equal 1 cup, and you have a cup of buttermilk. Since this only takes 1/2 cup, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of vinegar for about 1/2 c milk, because 1 T = 3 tsp!

This cake was soooo amazing! Make it now!

Tomorrow, I'm going to Cleveland with my aunt to visit some relatives. This means that I will finally be getting out of the house! Hallelujah!

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand." John 10:28



No comments:

Post a Comment