Saturday, March 19, 2011

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

My aunt gave up anything with potatoes or refined white flour for Lent (because she's INSANE!), so she hasn't been able to eat anything I've made for the past two weeks. This is totally unfair, so she bought some wheat flour. On the back of the bag, I found this recipe..

WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 c butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 c Gold Medal wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Mix sugars, butter, vanilla, and the egg in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients; stir in chocolate chips. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 10 minutes (cookies are light brown, centers are soft). Cool slightly on pan, remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.

Makes 3 dozen amazing cookies.




I love to make cookies, but I've never made them with anything but white flour before. These were great! They taste a little bit different, but not weird or disgusting. They're actually really good and I'll definitely make them again. Who knew?






No comments:

Post a Comment