Saturday, March 26, 2011

SPRING BREAK

It's finally spring break!! Luckily for me, I get to go on vacation to Homework Island.. with a 300 page book to annotate, an essay to write, a 25 page outline to do, and that's not even all. Too bad I haven't boarded that plane yet! I will eventually.

Life in general has been going pretty well for me- school's out for a week, I can cook and sleep and do homework without worrying about getting more. And then after school resumes, there isn't that long until summer. It's good!!

Today, I went shopping with my aunt, then came home and made dinner. After dinner I made lemon bars.. this can coincide with favorite recipe friday, even though it's saturday!





LEMON BARS (Paula Deen)
crust:
2 c flour
1 c powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
pinch of salt
2 sticks butter, softened

filling:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
6 T flour
6 T lemon juice

preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9x2 pan. to make the crust, combine dry ingredients (i sifted mine) and combine with butter using a pastry cutter or two knives. press the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes. while the crust is baking, make the filling by whisking together the eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon juice. pour immediately over warm crust, and bake for another 25 minutes. cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

i loooooooooooooove love LOVE paula deen. love her.
lovelovelovelovelovelovelove her. so of course, these lemon bars were fabulous. very nice for a first attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment