Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Back on the Bandwagon!

Okay, so maybe my last entry was in April. And maybe it's December at this point.. but better late than never, right? I am officially jumping back on this blogging bandwagon and will make it a point to write here every day.

My eighteenth birthday was last Friday- I am officially an adult! This whole senior year thing is going by incredibly fast. We ordered our announcements, got fitted for caps and gowns, I registered to vote, am planning my graduation party, all that fun stuff. It's crazy sometimes. High school really does fly by. But I only have three classes, and I get out of school at 11:00 every day, which is amazingly nice.

I'm going to Kent State University next year! Nursing major. I'm super excited to finally be able to accomplish all of my "dreams" that I've had for years of becoming a midwife and opening my own birthing center eventually. I've already been accepted into both the university and its honors college, so I'm ahead of the game in some aspects. Now I'm just trying to fill out about a million scholarship applications so I graduate with very little debt! Thinking ahead.

I got my first tattoo on my birthday! I am absolutely in love with it; don't worry, I thought about the following things:
- how I will look in my wedding dress
- how my grandchildren will feel about it
- how it will look when I'm 75
- how I could cover it in a professional setting
- if its meaning is something that I will still love in 50 years



It meets all the criteria! It is beautiful and perfect and there will be no regrets whatsoever. And, contrary to popular myth, it did not hurt that badly. really, it didn't. and I don't take pain too well. 100% worth it.

Matthew 28:20 is obviously my favorite Bible verse. I'm excited to show it off at church tonight!!




No comments:

Post a Comment