Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF

I've been becoming a lot more interested in makeup and fashion lately, or at least I've been trying to. So I've been doing some "research" and attempting to find ways to improve things and learn more. Before last night, my makeup situation was a disaster! Every makeup product that I have owned for the past five years (that would be since 7th grade) was tossed into a drawer in my dresser. That poor drawer..

While watching YouTube videos, I discovered something: you're supposed to clean your brushes! This was news to me. I've been using brushes that have never been cleaned and have been collecting filth for the past half decade. I was appalled. I had to take measures into my own hands.

According to this video, you wet a paper towel with olive oil and rub the end of a makeup brush on it until there is no longer residue coming off. Then, you wash the bristles with dish soap and let them dry flat overnight. Sounded easy enough! I did it, and this morning I was quite satisfied with the results.

Oh, and I scrubbed that drawer until it was spotless, threw out all the makeup I don't use (which has most likely just been rolling around since 2009), and organized the drawer, making sure to line it with something this time. This whole cleaning mood inspired me to even go through all of my nail polish and mani/pedi supplies, which is most definitely another story for another time!

Happy Friday :]

No comments:

Post a Comment