Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Shopping and "Healthy Cuisine"

Boy, do I love the weekend. No school and no homework (even if there should be...), just friends and laziness. It's my kind of life.

Saturday morning, I volunteered and popped popcorn at our school's speech tournament, then my uncle met me for Christmas shopping. We shopped for a few hours for my aunt, and it was fun! Crowds at the mall aren't my thing, but I love Christmastime. When I came home this morning, the three of us left and went Christmas shopping again!

I love getting presents, but now that I'm older, I understand more how it's the "season of giving". Of course, it's about Jesus first and foremost- but I love seeing my friends and family open their presents!! And  I decided to get creative with how I wrapped my presents this year. Instead of wrapping paper, I'm using newspaper and really cute ribbon. I just finished wrapping and they turned out so nice!

And now, an abrupt change of subject..

Healthy food. I'm not about that at all. I love fresh fruits and some fresh vegetables, but I can't survive on that. I love meat. I love dairy. I love the MacDonald's. And I am not ashamed.

However, I love to try new things. And there just so happens to be a "healthy cuisine" restaurant that I've always wanted to go to, and one of my friends said it was good (but she's one of those Whole Foods people), so two of my friends and I tried it last night. For the most part, it was good! Really expensive, in my opinion.. my friend got a side salad and a milkshake and it was $10.00. I got a personal pizza, which is made with whole wheat crust, and it had garlic, shrimp, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and mushrooms on it. Yum.

Weird whole grain/oatmeal/bird food vegan stuff still grosses me out, though. One step at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment