Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

It's 2012! Woo hoo!

Last night, my friends Desra and Sam and I did a mixture of some things we don't remember and some things we'd rather forget. Isn't that nice?

Just kidding. Kind of. I made hoppin' john (definitely a learning experience) at midnight and then we proceeded to fall asleep and wake up at noon today. My aunt had her New Year's Day party, and Desra and I have just been sitting around all day- it's a wonderful life. 

I FINALLY FINISHED MY PAULA DEEN COOKBOOK! After I completed that task, I started in on this cookbook:


I LOVE Ree. I saw her with Paula Deen a few months ago, and haven't stopped reading her blog since. I was able to finish this cookbook in about a day; each recipe is made super easy with step-by-step pictures and instructions. I've already made two things (twice-baked potatoes and comfort meatballs) and they were both AMAZING. I love both of my new cookbooks.

I've decided to go the whole "Julie and Julia" route and make every recipe from both of these cookbooks (it's actually my #1 New Year's Resolution). And the second Pioneer Woman cookbook comes out in March! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment