Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Creative Outlets

On Tuesday nights at Nono's church, they have an event called "Ladies Night". Each event has a  theme that teaches everyone a new domestic skill and allows them to have some fun while doing it!

Tonight, the theme was cupcake decorating.

A woman named Donna taught the course; she took up decorating cupcakes as a hobby while recovering from surgery. She was on bed rest when she stumbled upon a marathon of Cupcake Wars, and the rest is history.




Nono and I learned so much! Donna taught us about different types of cakes and frostings, how to make chocolate ganache, working with fondant, and different decoration techniques. And it wasn't even that difficult. By the end of the session, we were feeling like pros.



I love being creative. As a nursing major, I don't get too much of a chance to express myself. During my break, I've been knitting, cooking/baking, painting, and now decorating cupcakes! Allowing yourself to have creative outlets, no matter what they may be, is so important!

The cupcakes I decorated!



No comments:

Post a Comment